The October Takeover by Mecum Auctions had a really strong start in Las Vegas just last weekend. The annual auction event, Mecum Las Vegas, enjoyed another successful year in 2021 recording a total overall sale of $22.3 million. From October 7-9, 590 vehicles crossed the block at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The 2021 auction event had a lot of high-quality offerings that prompted active and enthusiastic bids both online and on-site. 508 vehicles were sold during the event, recording a strong 86% sell-through rate.
2006 Ford GT
A 2006 Ford GT (Lot S160) was the top lot at the Las Vegas event getting a bid of $374,000. However, the top ten lots during the event were from customs crafted beloved, popular classics. Two of the top sellers in the event are licensed Eleanor® Tribute Editions. The first custom crafted car is a 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback (Lot S85.1) and the other is a 1967 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback (Lot S109.1) which sold for $346,500 and $275,000, respectively.
Other custom cars included in the top 10 are the 1959 Chevrolet Apache Custom Pickup (Lot S170), a 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback (Lot F132) featured at the 2019 SEMA show, and a 1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV Batmobile Replica (Lot S108) claiming $198,000, $159,500, and $176,000, respectively.
1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
Completing the top 10 list are a Royal Bobcat-modified 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible (Lot S110) which was sold for $184,250, a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S176) sold for $154,000, a 2000 Rolls-Royce Corniche Convertible (Lot F184) which was the only non-American car in the list and it sold for $151,250, and a 2006 Dodge Viper VOI9 (Lot S60) sold for $148,500.
The Pacific Northwest Collection was sold at no reserve, and it was very much successful with their entire collection selling for a total of $531,300.
1959 Chevrolet Apache Custom Pickup
The complete top 10 collector car sales during the 2021 Las Vegas auction are:
1. 2006 Ford GT (Lot S160) at $374,000
2. 1968 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback (Lot S85.1) at $346,500
3. 1967 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback (Lot S109.1) at $275,000
4. 1959 Chevrolet Apache Custom Pickup (Lot S170) at $198,000
5. 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible (Lot S110) at $184,250
6. 1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV Batmobile Replica (Lot S108) at $176,000
7. 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback (Lot F132) at $159,500
8. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S176) at $154,000
9. 2000 Rolls-Royce Corniche Convertible (Lot F184) at $151,250
10. 2005 Dodge Viper VOI9 (Lot S60) at $148,500
1968 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback
To get a
Title: Mecum Auctions’ October Takeover Starts Strong
Sourced From: sportscardigest.com/mecum-auctions-october-takeover-starts-strong/
Published Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 15:24:03 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…