Gentlemen, summer is almost over.
Autumn is upon us. That means cozy sweaters, drifting leaves – and of course, pumpkin spice.
Summer fragrances are too sweet, fruity, and aquatic. Simply put? They don’t suit the season.
But how do you plan to smell during the fall? Do you know what makes an ideal men’s fragrance for fall?
The simple answer is this: Woody tones like cedar, sandalwood, and oud. You’ll also want some cozy spices and soothing tobacco.
Gents, in today’s article I’m covering 15 AMAZING fragrances you can easily pull off this season.
This article is brought to you by Scentbird – the awesome subscription service that makes it cheap and easy to try all the best men’s colognes They have over 450 scents on their website – pick one and they’ll send you a month’s supply for just $14.95 when a full bottle might set you back $100.
Scentbird allows you to date a fragrance before you commit. They’ve got top designer brands like Tom Ford, Gucci, Hugo Boss, and Kenneth Cole, plus a variety of niche fragrances. Take the Scentbird quiz to discover your signature scent. Click here to get started with Scentbird and get the best deal on the web.
Click here to watch 10 Fall Fragrances Every Man Needs To Own (Cool Weather Colognes)
Brief Introduction To Fragrance Anatomy
Let’s go over fragrance anatomy before we delve in. You’ve probably heard of top notes, heart notes, and base notes…
But what do those terms mean?
Top notes consist of the lightest molecules. This where you are likely to find citrus scents like bergamot. They form the fragrance’s initial impression and evaporate within 15 minutes.
Heart notes, or middle notes, form the core of the fragrance. They start to emerge as the top notes dissipate. Notes found here are more “rounded” – such as lavender and rose.
Base notes are the foundation of a fragrance. These are the densest molecules that take the longest to evaporate. This is where you commonly find musk, oakmoss, and leather.
Got it? Alright, let’s get into the best fall fragrances for men.
Fall Fragrance #1. Man In Black – Bvlgari
- Top Notes: Tobacco, Spices, Rum
- Heart Notes: Leather, Tuberose, Iris
- Base Notes: Oud, Benzoin, Tonka
Bvlgari launched Man In Black to celebrate 130 years in business. It was inspired by the Roman god of fire. The spice and leather come through strongly to make for a warm accord. Don’t hesitate to wear this on a night out during the fall.
Fall Fragrance #2. Nuit D’Issey – Issey Miyake
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Leather, Pepper, Wood
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Mint, Incense, Ebony Tree
I love this for being is a deeply smokey fragrance with a woody and leathery backbone. You can’t miss the incense. It’s rounded out by the wood. There is slight bergamot, but it gets consumed by the more masculine scents in the heart and dry down.
Fall Fragrance #3. Bentley For Men Intense – Bentley
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Pepper, Bay Leaf
- Heart Notes: Lavender, Geranium, Cinnamon, Rum, Wood
- Base Notes: Leather, Benzoin, Incense, Cedar, Patchouli
Bentley For Men Intense is a boozy fragrance for pirate lovers. Rum, incense, and wood are what strikes me about this fragrance. It is considered an older gentleman’s scent due to the dark pungency it exudes. However, I believe that any guy can pull this off. It’s a fantastically masculine fall fragrance for men.
Fall Fragrance #4. Touch For Men – Burberry
- Top Notes: Artemisia, Violet Leaf, Mandarin Orange
- Heart Notes: Nutmeg, White Pepper, Cedar
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Vetiver, White Musk
Touch for Men is a fresh scent offset by a slight sweetness. It’s one of the most versatile fragrances for men on this list. Touch starts off clean and crisp, with a powdery base. It has great sillage, longevity, and projection. You can wear any time, anywhere.
Fall Fragrance #5. F By Ferragamo – Salvatore Ferragamo
- Top Notes: Lavender, Green Apple
- Heart Notes: Pepper
- Base Notes: Labdanum, Leather, Amber
This oriental woody fragrance was launched in 2007 and formulated by Olivier Polge. It is a powerfully fresh and soapy scent with moderate longevity and sillage. This is a perfect scent for semi-formal or business casual occasions in the fall.
Fall Fragrance #6. Mercedes Benz Man – Mercedes
- Top Notes: Pear, Musk Mallow
- Heart Notes: Geranium, Cedar
- Base Notes: Oakmoss, Palisander Rosewood
Mercedes Benz is an inoffensive aromatic fragrance for men who want to smell good without clearing the room. I love it as an all-around decent fragrance with good sillage and impressive longevity. I could easily envision a well-dressed businessman driving a Mercedes Benz wearing this peaceable fall fragrance for men.
Fall Fragrance #7. Original Santal – Creed
- Top Notes: Coriander, Juniper Berries, Cinnamon, Sandalwood
- Heart Notes: Rosemary, Ginger, Lavender, Petitgrain
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla
Santal is an oriental fragrance packed with Indian sandalwood. After applying this fragrance, I was so struck that I looked up reviews to ensure I wasn’t the only one. Sure enough, I wasn’t. This fragrance for men is a guaranteed compliment-getter. It’s underused, underrated, but well worth the cost.
Fall Fragrance #8. Royal Oud – Creed
- Top Notes: Lemon, Pink Pepper, Sicilian Bergamot
- Heart Notes: Cedar, Galbanum, Angelica
- Base Notes: Oud, Sandalwood, Musk
Creed formulated this scent in 2011 in response to numerous requests for an oud fragrance for men. Their inspiration? the vision of a Persian palace. It’s a Fougere fragrance. This is a well-rounded fragrance for men where the cedar and sandalwood come through strongly.
Fall Fragrance #9. Tabarome Millésime – Creed
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Tangerine
- Heart Notes: Ginger
- Base Notes: Patchouli, Ambergris, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Leather
A cigar-loving British politician inspired this scent. A green, leafy tobacco fragrance dominates this scent along with sandalwood and citrus. If you love cigars, this is the perfect fall fragrance for you.
Fall Fragrance #10. Bleu De Chanel – Chanel
- Top Notes: Lemon, Mint, Pink Pepper, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Ginger, Nutmeg, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Labdanum, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Incense, Cedar, Musk
This classic fragrance for men was designed by Jacques Polge. You can choose between the EDT and EDP. I prefer the EDP because it smells a bit more creamy and indulgent.
Fall Fragrance #11. Egoiste – Chanel
- Top Notes: Mahogany, Mandarin, Rosewood, Coriander
- Heart Notes: Rose, Cinnamon, Damask Rose
- Base Notes: Leather, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tobacco, Amber
Egoiste is a conservative masculine fragrance released in 1990. It’s an intensely woody fragrance for men who love sophistication.
Fall Fragrance #12. L’Homme Ideal – Guerlain
- Top Notes: Orange, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Almond, Neroli
- Base Notes: White Musk, Vetiver
This is a long-lasting fragrance. I’ve worn it from one morning to the next, and I’m not the only one. What sets this fragrance for men apart is the almond scent which dominates the heart. This is a great aromatic fragrance for the fall.
Fall Fragrance #13. 1 Million – Paco Rabanne
- Top Notes: Grapefruit, Mint, Blood Orange
- Heart Notes: Rose, Cinnamon, Spice notes, Blond leather
- Base Notes: White Woods, Amber, Patchouli
This woody spicy fragrance made its debut in 2008. The theme, as you can tell by the bottle, is wealth. It has a mild synthetic vibe with moderate performance all-around. This is a superb inoffensive fragrance for the autumn months.
Fall Fragrance #14. Wanted By Night – Azzaro
- Top Notes: Cinnamon, Mandarin, Lavender, Lemon
- Heart Notes: Red Cedar, Incense, Cumin, Fruity Notes
- Base Notes: Cedar, Tobacco, Cypress, Benzoin, Iso E Super, Leather, Patchouli, Vanilla
If you want a fragrance this fall that will attract the ladies, look no further. This cologne for men is true to its name. Wear it on your nights out. The mandarin, tobacco, and cinnamon stand out.
Fall Fragrance #15. Godolphin – Parfums De Marly
- Top Notes: Thyme, Saffron, Cypress, Green notes, Fruity notes, Mate
- Heart Notes: Rose, Iris, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Leather, Vetiver, Cedar, Musk, Amber, Vanilla
This fragrance reminds me of sitting in a brand new Porsche and driving off. It’s the single most leathery-smelling fragrance on this list, offset by a pinch of fruity notes. If you want something unapologetically masculine with great staying power, then look no further.
Fall Fragrances For Men
Want to learn more about men’s fragrances? Click here to check out the main fragrance types that you need to know.
The post 15 Fall Colognes For Men (Autumn Men’s Fragrance Collection) appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: 15 Fall Colognes For Men (Autumn Men’s Fragrance Collection)
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/mens-fragrances-fall/
Published Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 11:55:08 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…